The brief descriptions below are designed to familiarize you with our staff's training, professional credentials and work experience.
Steven H. Glickman, DPM
- Ohio College of Foot Surgery
Education: High School: Henry Ford High School- Graduated, HS Diploma 1962 Extra Curricular Activities: Tennis Team, Yearbook Staff, School Newspaper, Key Club
Undergraduate Education: Eastern Michigan University-1962-64 Wayne State University-1964-66- Graduated, Bachelors Degree Extra Curricular Activities: Tennis Team Tau Epsilon Phi Fraternity Dormitory Representative
Graduate Education: Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine- 1966-70- Graduated, DPM
Extra Curricular Activities: Phi Alpha Pi Fraternity Pi Delta National Honor Fraternity Zaccharian Research Society Occopodian Year Staff Footprints Staff Clinic Supervisor
Collegiate Honors: Magna Cum Laude Graduate Clinical Award Fairhill Hospital Award Certificate of Merit, Order of Franciscan Nuns
Post Graduate Surgical Residency: Grand Community Hospital- 1970-71
- American Board of Podiatric Surgery, Diplomat
- American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review, Diplomat
- American Podiatric Medical Association, Member
- American Public Health Association, Member
- American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine, Member
- America College of Sports Medicine, Member
- American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons, Fellow
- American Association of Hospital Podiatrists, Fellow
- American Academy of Ambulatory Foot Surgeons, Fellow
- Michigan Podiatric Medical Association, Member
- Michigan Division- American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons, Member
- Michigan Public Health Association, Member
- Civic/Kern Hospital Residents Alumni Association, Member
- Diplomat, American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons
- Fellow, American Academy of Ambulatory Foot Surgeons
- Diplomat, American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review
- Associate, American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
- Certified- Arthroscopic Ankle Surgery
- Certified- A/O fixation technique fixation technique
- Certified- Laser Surgery
- Certified- CPR, Advance Life
- Residency Training Committee, Kern Hospital, 1972-79
- MPMA, Southeast Divisional Representative, 1972-82
- Vice President, Michigan Podiatric Medical Association, 1977-78
- President, Michigan Podiatric Medical Association, 1979-80
- Treasurer, American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons, Michigan Division, 1980-present
- Chief of Residency Training, Straith Hospital, 1984-87
- Chief of Staff, Department of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, Straith Hospital, 1987-present
- Quality Assurance Officer, Straith Hospital, 1984-present
- House of Counselors, American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons, 1994
- American College of Foot Surgeon's Journal, 1972, "New Casting Material."
- American College of Foot Surgeon's Journal, 1984, "Neuroma Surgery: A New Technique."
- American College of Foot Surgeon's Journal, 1986, "Short 'Z' Bunionectomy."
- American College of Foot Surgeon's Journal, 1987, "Medial Ankle Stabilization."
- American College of Foot Surgeon's Journal, 1989, "Brachymetatarsia; Reconstruction via Autogenous Bone Grafting."
- Mosby, Comprehensive Care of the Foot and Ankle, to be published, 1995, "Pediatric Brachymetatarsia."
- 1974 Kern Hospital Seminar, Detroit, MI "Hammertoe Surgery"
- 1975 American College of Foot Surgeons, OH "Calnan Nicole Implants"
- 1975 Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, OH "Implant Surgery"
- 1976 Michigan State Podiatry Association, MI "Hallux Valgus Surgery"
- 1977 Michigan State Podiatry Association, MI "Heel Spur Surgery"
- 1977 American College of Foot Surgeons, LA "Implant Surgery"
- 1978 Kern Hospital Seminar, Detroit, MI "Heel Spur Surgery"
- 1979 Michigan State Podiatry Association, MI "Cole Midtarsal Osteotomy"
- 1980 Michigan State Podiatry Association, MI "Sports Medicine"
- 1980 Total Runner, MI "Running Injuries"
- 1981 Ford Motor Co., MI "Running Injuries, Diagnosis & Treatment"
- 1981 Total Runner, MI "Training to Prevent Running Injuries"
- 1981 Detroit Free Press Marathon, MI "Pre-race Clinic on Running Injuries"
- 1981 YMCA, MI "Athletic Injuries"
- 1982 Total Runner, MI "Running Injuries, Cross Training"
- 1982 Macomb Runner's Club, MI "Common Injuries & Treatment"
- 1983 Total Runner, MI "Running and Exercise"
- 1983 Oakland University, MI "Running and Your Feet"
- 1983 Arthritis Association of Michigan, MI "Arthritis and Podiatric Medicine"
- 1984 United Steel Workers Association, MI "Common Foot Problems & Treatment"
- 1984 Detroit Free Press, MI "Pre-Race Clinic, Injuries and Prevention"
- 1985 Bud Light National Series Triathlon, MI "Injuries, Prevention, and Self Help"
- 1986 Bud Light National Series Triathlon, MI "Training, Stretching & Racing"
- 1987 DuPont Co., MI "Protection of Your Feet on the Job"
- 1988 Shrine High School, MI "The Mother Behind the Athlete"
- 1989 Michigan Podiatric Medical Association, MI "The Valente Bunionectomy"
- 1989 Developed the "New Practitioner Program" MPMA, Southeast Great Lakes Seminar Program. Lecturer 1989, 90, 91, 92 & 92
- 1989 Michigan Podiatric Medical Association, MI "The Surgical Practice"
- 1995 Civic/Kern Hospital Seminar, FL "Automation of the Medical Record"
- 1995 Detroit Free Press Training Seminar, Southfield Michigan
- 1995 Podiatric Surgery- William Beaumont Hospital- Troy
- 1999 Surgical Intervention- Diabetic Wounds
- 2009 Foot Surgery Review- Beaumont Hospital-Troy
- 1981 P.M. Detroit Common Foot & Ankle Disorders
- 1982 Good Morning Detroit Running Shoes
- 1982 "Sonya" The Adult Foot
- 1982 Detroit Free Press Marathon Broadcast Commentary
- 1989 Troy Community Cable Foot Surgery
- 1994 Channel 2 News Children's Shoes
- 1967-70 Team Trainer, University School, Shaker Heights, OH
- 1976 Team Podiatrist, Michigan State University
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Liaison Committee, MPMA
- Michigan Hospital Association Liaison Committee, MPMA
- Medicaid Liaison Committee, MPMA
- Political Liaison Committee, MPMA
- Podiatric Political Action Committee, National
- Malpractice Crisis Committee, MPMA
- Quality Assurance Committee, Straith Hospital
- William Beaumont Hospital- Troy, MI 1979 - present
- --Chief Division of Podiatric Surgery 1984 - present
- UnaSource Surgical Center- Troy, MI 2004- present
- Straith Hospital- Southfield, MI 1977
- Kern Hospital- Warren, MI 1971
- Civic Hospital- Detroit, MI 1970-71
|Monsignor Clement Kern Hospital||1972-78|
|Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine||1977|
|Straith Hospital- Residency Training||1970-71|
- Development of the Podiatric Medicine and Surgery Department- William Beaumont Hospital, Troy (Subsection of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery); includes training of O.R. staff and orientation of Surgical Services Department
- Board of Directors- Podiatric Political Action Committee
- Podiatric Medicine and Surgery in Managed Care
Sarah Hewitt, DPM
Dr. Sarah Hewitt is originally from Clarkston, Michigan. She attended Albion College and graduated with a degree in Biochemistry. While at Albion, she was president of her sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta. She was involved in many other groups including one that orchestrated health fairs for the local elementary schools.
She attended Midwestern University in Glendale, Arizona for podiatry school. While there, she volunteered providing podiatric care to the homeless, provided foot screening for Special Olympics and was a big sister with Big Brothers Big Sisters.
She completed her education with a podiatric medicine and surgery residency with reconstructive rearfoot/ankle surgery (PMSR/RRA) at Ascension Genesys in Grand Blanc, MI. Here she gained hands on surgical experience in over 1200 surgical procedures. She served as chief resident during her third year.
Outside of helping her patients, she enjoys spending time with her husband and two dogs, Lady and Burt. She enjoys watching Michigan football, skiing, and participating in an annual pinewood derby.